Installing WordPress locally is pretty easy if you just follow the necessary procedures/steps. First, you need to understand the term xampp. Xampp is an abbreviation for the cross-platform, MySQL, PHP and Perl and it allows you to build a WordPress site on a local web server on your computer. This simple and lightweight solution works on Windows, Linux and Mac. This will be detailed steps on installing WordPress locally.
STEPS TO INSTALLING WORDPRESS LOCALLY.
- Install xampp(Go to google or any search engine).
- To see that it has been downloaded/installed check your “local disk” in File Explorer.
- Go to wordpress.org, click on the button “Get WordPress” then click “download WordPress”.
- Create a new folder in htdocs (which is found in the xampp folder) and give the new folder a name of your choice. (e.g., project).
- Open your file explorer and copy the “WordPress” folder and paste it in the “new folder” you created in htdocs.
- Right click on the WordPress folder and click “extract all”, delete the old “word press” folder and leave only the extracted files (the new WordPress).
- Cut all the files in the new WordPress folder and paste them under the htdocs folder (once the htdocs folder is opened all the content of WordPress appears).
- Search for “xampp control panel” at the task bar and click.
- You will see Apache, MySQL, FileZilla, Mercury and Tomcat.
- Click on start for only Apache and MySQL.
- Go to your browser search for “localhost/phpMyAdmin”
- Click on Database in phpMyAdmin.
- Create a name for your database.
- Go to search engine and search for localhost/ (the name of the folder you saved WordPress contents to). I used “project” (as shown earlier) so it will be “localhost/project”.
- WordPress comes up. Click on “Let’s go”
- Fill in the information;
#For database name: put in the name of the database you created earlier.
#For username: put in “root” as username.
#For password: clear whatever you see there, ensure to leave the space blank.
#Leave the data host and the table prefix the way they are.
#Now submit the information.
- Click on run installation.
- Another information comes up for you to fill (here you can use a username of your choice and also a password), fill it all and click install WordPress.
- Click on log in and fill in your username and password.
- Now your WordPress dashboard comes up and you are done.
YOU HAVE NOW SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED WORDPRESS LOCALLY.